Thursday, November 5, 2009

Paranormal Activity: Review


So I was visiting the pirated DVD seller guy and he had the original version of Paranormal Activity, not the theatrical one showing in cinemas now, the original cut back in 2007 one. So like an idiot, I, someone who is freakishly afraid of any horror movie involving ghosts, watched Paranormal Activity, at 2a.m, alone and in the dark. Ok not alone la, Samantha Chow was bothering me every 10 minutes. But anyway... this show is freakin phenomenal!

Paranormal Activity is about a couple, Micah and Katie, who suspects that there's some kind of demonic presence in their house. Micah buys a video camera in the hopes of capturing paranormal activity on film. Each night, Micah leaves the video camera on a tripod in their bedroom to record whatever might be occurring while he and Katie sleep.

 OMG, this was the freakiest part of the whole show

It's probably just my pussy-ness, but I was literally shaking after the movie ended. It was so scary. As the movie progressed, I just got more and more tensed, my heart was beating so fast, I think if I watched it in a theater, I would have just walked out.

The show is very original. It totally blows The Blair Witch Project away.That's all I can say.


My big complaints are that the night scenes were too short. Most of the movie happens during the day when Micah and Katie are just talking shit. The fun stuff only happens at night. So the film does drag a bit too long. But when it was scary, it was really scary. Another thing is I felt that the ending was a bit anti-climatic. (note this is the original ending, there's a new ending done by Steven Spielberg which I heard is really freaky)

So.. who wants to borrow the movie?

RATING: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preview on Feedage: hollywood-celebz Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Total Pageviews