Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Top Ten Greatest Movie Opening Scenes of All Time

Not much movie news lately and I have no time to watch any new shows in the cinema... So I just had this idea of doing a series of top tens on whatever categories of films. Here's the list of my favorite movie openings of all time.

10. West Side Story


Snap... Snap... Snap... Snap...
The Capulets and Montagues Broadway style!!

9. Lord of War

This opening is pretty cool. It's called The Life of a Bullet. It's kinda like the POV of a bullet

8. The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton and Danny Elfman at their best

7. Star Wars: A New Hope

The ship just went on and on and on and on and on

6. 2001: A Space Odyssey

 The movie made no sense to me but I always felt this was epicness

5. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Greatest movie ever made. Amazing soundtrack to.

4. Pulp Fiction

Just a normal conversation in a diner and then BOOM "Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you!"

3. The Lion King

Gives me chills every time the sun rises and Rafiki goes " Naaaaaaaaaaaaants ingonyama bagithi baba!"

2. The Matrix

I remember seeing this in the cinema and going "Whoaaaaaaahh!"

1. Watchmen

Can't embed the good one from youtube..This is a sucky version
No contest this is the greatest opening credits of all time. Beautiful summary of the world, our wars and history. Backed with the powerful Bob Dylan "Times They Are A Changing"


So whaddya think? Whats your fav movie opening sequences?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preview on Feedage: hollywood-celebz Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
My Zimbio
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Total Pageviews